Club Information & Policies
Monday – 7.00 - 8.30pm Beginners / Intermediate Tennis
Tuesday – From 7pm Social Tennis for all
Wednesday – 7.00 - 9.00pm Ladies practise & 4.30 - 6.30pm Junior Tennis
Thursday – Ladies’ Tennis morning 9.00 - 10.00am and 10.00 - 11am, 7.00 - 9.00pm Men’s practise
Friday – 7.00 till late Mixed Matchplay for all
Saturday – 1:00 - 3:00pm Junior Tennis
All adult members are welcome to attend as many sessions as they wish. Practice makes perfect! These sessions are a great way to get to know other people from the club.
We have a designated members’ WhatsApp group for each of these sessions to communicate with each other.
These are run through the year. All members are welcome to come along. Dates will be advertised on the tennis notice board, on the club website and via social media.
Club Tournaments - Our club championships take place over the summer and include open events for singles, doubles, ladies, men’s and mixed doubles. Club championship entries will only be accepted from players who are fully paid-up full members.
League Matches take place throughout the year. Team entries include men’s and ladies along with mixed teams. Players are only eligible for team selection if they are fully paid-up members. All members wishing to be considered for the team should attend match practice, currently Wednesday evening for ladies and Thursday evening for men from 7.00pm. A match fee is payable for each league match and collected by the team captains. This is to cover the cost of match balls. All players should also expect to provide for any after home match refreshments and drinks provided for opposing team players.
We have an excellent coaching programme at the club for adults and juniors coordinated by our Head Coach Michael Donaghy. There are group coaching sessions for seniors and juniors. Members can also book individual sessions with the coach where possible. Details of adult and junior coaching sessions will be advertised through the website, emails and social media.
It is important to be familiar with the Coaching Rules and Regulations before you commit to any lessons.
- Coaching lessons need to be booked and paid in advance.
- Refunds, Credits and Deferrals will not be given for lessons not attended
- Discounts will not be given
- Persons registering late into lessons due to scheduling and through no fault of their own, having missed some lessons, will be allowed to pay pro rata for the remaining lessons in the term once confirmed with the coaching team
- If lessons have not started and a person notifies the Club and the coach that they cannot attend the term due to valid reasons, and if they have paid the full amount, then a full refund will be given.
- A class will only be cancelled due to weather conditions or if the coach is unable to attend. Persons due to attend the class will be notified in advance of the cancellation via the coach’s WhatsApp group. The class will be rescheduled
- A class will go ahead regardless of the number of attendees. Those who fail to attend for whatever reason will miss the lesson and it will not be rescheduled
- Members will be billed for unpaid coaching lessons
- Members who have not paid the full amount for a previous coaching term will not be permitted attend further coaching lessons until the amount for the previous term has been fully paid.
Contact Michael directly to arrange individual coaching E. email@example.com – M. 086 397 8908
As availability of court playing time varies from month to month, it’s advisable to check on the court calendar for the latest up to date schedule and book a court on the Club’s website before going to play. Court bookings take priority over walk-ups.
- 5 artificial floodlit tennis courts.
- Clubhouse with bar facilities and function/meeting rooms
- Tea and coffee making facilities.
- Ladies and gents changing rooms and showers.
- Gym – extra charge
Email - As a member you will receive regular emails to keep you up to date with what is going on at the club. This is information about tennis and social events along with any other important information about the club’s facilities.
Social Media - You can also find out what is going on by following the club on Facebook and Instagram.
Website – The club’s website is a good source of information, accessing social and tennis calendars, checking availability and booking courts along with match fixtures and results.
Notice board – Details of upcoming socials, tennis events and matches will also be displayed on the tennis notice board on the patio overlooking the cricket pitches.
North Kildare Tennis Club Rules
We want everyone to enjoy playing at the tennis club but we need to have a few rules in place to safeguard the club and our members.
Please familiarise yourself with the rules, thank you.
Subscriptions are due on May 1st each year and must be paid by up to 1 month after. Subscription fees will be notified to all members in advance of the renewal date.
Junior members shall be under 18 years of age on Jan. 1st in the year that the subscription is payable and must pay their subscriptions before playing.
No junior under the age of 14 may play unaccompanied on the courts.
- Please wear the correct footwear and clothing.
- All members taking part in Social Play should ensure that full integration of players in turn takes place.
- Courts are left in a suitable condition at the end of play - please remove any rubbish.
- Please work together on this, many hands make light work and offer help wherever possible with maintenance of the clubhouse and grounds.
- Floodlights must be paid for at the time of play.
- All members must play within the rules and respect officials and their decisions. Bad language and aggressive play will not be tolerated.
- All members must respect the rights, dignity and worth of all participants regardless of age, gender, ability, race, cultural background, religious beliefs or sexual identity.
- Members should keep to agreed timings for training and matches or inform their coach or captain if they are going to be late.
- Alcohol is not permitted on the courts.
- Please keep the clubhouse tidy and wash and put away any cups or other crockery used.
There is ample free parking at the club.
- If a stray ball comes onto your court do not knock it back immediately, wait until the owners are ready and return it to the server.
- Mobile phones must be turned off or on silent when playing.
- Players should use the appropriate gate to gain access to their court and not walk across a court if there is a point in progress.
- During play and particularly between games, keep the amount and volume of conversation down to a minimum necessary to play and enjoy your own games.
- Only call balls ‘in’ or ‘out’ on your side of the net.
- Call clearly and firmly what you see and what you honestly believe to be correct. If you are not certain, or you did not see the ball clearly, you should give the benefit of doubt to your opponent.
- It is okay to be competitive but be mindful of language and tone that you use.
- When watching matches do not call-out during points or call-out line calls.
- Switches for these are situated in the small shed to the left of the entrance to Court 1.
- Payment must be made via Revolut to the tennis club secretary.
- €3 per person per court booking.
- Please switch lights off if you are the last to leave.
A tennis member may bring a visitor/visitors to play tennis in the Club per the following rules:
- Visitors must be accompanied by the paid-up member. Max 3 visitors per visit. Each member is restricted to 4 visits per tennis season 1 May – 30 April.
- Visitor fee of Euro 15 per court is to be paid before or at the time of play to Liz Murphy, Club Secretary, via Revolut and all visitor names must be entered on the visitors’ sign in sheet located on the tennis noticeboard. Please note sign in is a condition specified by our insurers.
- Court must be booked in advance on the club website and specify GUESTas additional player/s. Court booking may not exceed 90 minutes.
Please ensure the combination locks on both gates to the courts are locked if no-one else is coming on to play. The code will be advised to new members upon starting.
We have an active social programme that includes our annual club BBQ, Christmas social and others organised throughout the year. It’s a great way to get to meet people and support the club’s fund raising efforts throughout the year, so we look forward to meeting you at one of our many social events. Dates will be advertised on the tennis notice board, on the club website and via social media and email.
The Club is run by a relatively small number of volunteers.
Officials for the Tennis Committee are elected at the club’s Annual General Meeting. We are always looking for others to get involved so if at any time you feel that you can get involved in one of the committees or help out at a tennis or social event, please contact any committee member. Contact details for the 2023 Committee are available on our website.